Natural Capital Plan allows users to create optimised portfolios of natural resource management (NRM) actions based on benefits to:
- Water quality
- Land productivity
- First Nations
- Climate change
Further variables included in Natural Capital Plan when creating an investment portfolio:
- Likely uptake potential of the actions
- Confidence in the predicted benefits and action cost
- Temporal response of actions
Who it is for
Natural Capital Plan is designed for NRM planning and investment agencies. This is principally NRM bodies, state and federal government.
Application development: Truii
Inspiration: Natural Capital Plan builds upon and extends the concepts of the Reefonomics applications developed by Truii to support investment planning for water quality projects in the Great Barrier Reef catchments.
Creator: Natural Capital Plan has been created by Truii Pty Ltd.
Funding: Initial development of Natural Capital Plan in its pilot implementation for the Queensland Murray Darling Basin was supported through a grant from the Queensland Water Modelling Network.
Owner: Truii Pty Ltd owns Natural Capital Plan. Natural Capital Plan is provided as a service by Truii Pty Ltd. Truii charges an access fee to cover the cost of development, hosting and support.
Data used in Natural Capital Plan is obtained under licence from various sources:
- Actions water quality improvement data in the Great Barrier Reef region for the Sugarcane, Grain and Banana industries is derived from modelling simulations conducted by the Paddock to Reef paddock modelling team.
- Gully related water quality improvement effectiveness is from the Gully Toolbox.
- The cost of actions is derived from expert input on a region-by-region basis.